Saturday, September 3, 2011

New Building

After a significant amount of time "away" from the hobby, I'm trying to dabble a little more on weekends, and days I have off.

Utilizing a three day weekend, I decided to do some work on a building that has gone unassembled for over a decade. You may recognize it as the "Roadkill Cafe" by DPM.

One of the brilliant ideas making it possible was a suggestion to use Lego blocks to assemble the corners. I've always had an issue with keeping the corners square, and now I don't!

I also went online, downloaded some pictures, and used them to populate the windows of the building. The success of this makes me think that I might perhaps use printouts and photos of more than just windows to model things accurately: such as taking pictures of roadways and "printing" my roads (I've never had any luck with other techniques, so it's worthwhile to try something radically different).



No comments: