Monday, February 4, 2013

Review: Wirl Wind "Quikits"

From 2012: I saw these on eBay, but could find little information about them online. I bought a set of 4 because they were cheap, and it would give me a chance to file a review and some pictures that perhaps someone else could use. I'll update this post when I receive them!



As an example of just how little I know about these kits from what's online, looking for them in Google resulted in a list of links where THIS post was #3, just 30 seconds after posting!

Update: that was quick!

Quikit N106

Quikit N108
One thing I've noted about both kits is that the store-front itself is the same with both, which is a little disappointing.

The three side and back walls are all a highly detailed brick, while the front is stone.

N108 is a quanset hut configuration, while N106 uses a standard pitched roof.

These kits are both very basic, with just the four walls and roof, but great for the price, and possible material for kitbashing.

Update: February 2013 - after sitting nearly a year, I've assembled all four kits, the first "as-is", and the other three with modifications, such as adding windows and doors to the other walls. One kit I even replaced the front door with a "better" more modern looking door.



Basic, Assembled, Painted Kit with no modification (rear)

Basic, Assembled, Painted Kit with no modification (front)







changed front door on this kit






No comments: