Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Farmer's Union

The Sunrise Feedmill kit from Walthers is a nice little model, but is a bit long for my tiny pike, and I decided to leave the attached shed off. This posed a problem however: how to repurpose the shed, when the "common" wall was missing from it?

I took a piece of Evergreen styrene and fashioned an end for it recently, years after completing the original model (which has itself been recently updated, more on that later). However, you'll note that I did not do a separate piece of styrene for the foundation (didn't think it was that important at the time, and I'm still working on my scratch/kitbashing skills). I gave it some paint, some details and signs, and came up with the following. Not bad for a cast away piece of plastic, yes?

the chimney wasn't originally a chimney, but a vent of some sort

the dock and ramp were scratchbuilt, as you can tell....



Edit: I ended up tearing-off the roof on the white end, and gluing this back onto the main building.

No comments: