Thursday, January 5, 2012

Mike's Auto Parts

Newest addition: Mike's Auto Parts, from the "Jim's Repair Shop" kit made by Walthers Cornerstone Series.

This was made specifically to sell, as this past week I've been selling-off my collection of DPM models for a pretty good price. Kathleen's Bookstore has been rebranded and is up for sale, Eric's Hobby Shop is also up for sale, but the Robber Barons pub, 305 Main Street, and Taylor Pharmacy have already been shipped to their purchasers.

Hopefully, it won't be too long before our financial situation improves and I can replace these kits for my own use. Until then, I think I'll keep selling them, as I enjoy their construction, and actually make a tidy little profit!

I think what I will do with this kit is allow the purchaser to design a new sign that I will use to replace this one. It seems rather boring to me. Hmm. Especially considering the detail in the add-ons. It has a wall in the middle, floor to ceiling, with a picture of a real auto parts store on it. In addition, I gave it a "wood" floor, and added the signs inside and out. I also fixed the Quaker State sign on the side that fell-off shortly after this picture was taken (whoops). Not enough glue!



My next project: Springfield Cafe, a Laserkit by American Model Builders, Inc

No comments: